This program prepares students for careers in the Human Resources Departments in both business and government sectors. Human Resources is a highly dynamic field and graduates are prepared to handle recruiting, payroll and benefits. They can also assist in the areas of labour relations and health and safety concerns. This program also prepares students for general management roles in all sectors of industry. This program will appeal to students who have good interpersonal skills and a solid understanding of business. They must also be comfortable with the confidentiality needed in the field to conduct themselves in a professional manner.
- Work placement in a human resources department in the third year of the program, allowing 14 weeks (80 hours) in a Human Resources setting.
- Professional preparation for ensuring policies, programs and procedures are in place for a business or company’s personnel and that it is aligned with their overall strategy for success.
- Preparation for Certified Human Resources Professional designation (CHRP) governed by the Human Resources Professionals Association of Ontario.
- Opportunity for qualifying graduates to complete a B. Comm. from Nipissing University on the St. Clair College campus.
Graduates find positions in a number of areas including company recruiting, training and labour relations, payroll, benefits and compensation.
Graduates may receive credits towards:
- Honours B. Comm from the University of Windsor
- B. Comm from Walsh College
- B. Comm from Nipissing University (delivered on the St. Clair College campus)
- B. Comm from Davenport University
- Ontario Colleges and McDonald’s Restaurants of Canada Sign Memorandum of Agreement Regarding Student Transfer to Business Diploma Programs
he standard tuition and compulsory fees for the current academic year:
2016-2017 Tuition Fees
For programs with Experiential Learning (Work Placement/Internship): Costs for accommodation, if needed, travel and related expenses is at the student’s own expense. It is recommended for most programs, that students have access to a laptop or desktop computer while away from home during experiential learning periods.
Textbooks and other materials are in addition to Tuition Fees. Textbook prices may be found through the Bookstore website.
Please be aware that tuition and compulsory fees are subject to adjustment each year. The College reserves the right to change, amend or alter fees as necessary without notice or prejudice.