This program provides the financial planning knowledge to prepare students for careers in the financial services sector. Graduates will have a good understanding of Canadian securities and personal financial planning along with the marketing skills needed to sell financial services and products.
- Third-year internship in a financial institution for qualifying students, which allows for practical experiential learning and networking opportunities with possible future employers.
- Provides training to write the licensing exams for the Canadian Securities Course (CSC) and the Life License Qualification Program (LLQP).
- Up-to-date computer labs using financial planning software that is similar to the programs currently used by professionals in the field of finance.
- Opportunity for qualifying graduates to complete a Bachelor of Commerce (B. Comm.) from Nipissing University on the St. Clair College campus.
Opportunities exist for entry level positions in financial institutions including banks and credit unions, investment firms, stock and mortgage brokerages, credit departments and insurance companies.
Graduates may receive credits towards:
- B. Comm from Walsh College
- B. Comm from Nipissing University (delivered on the St. Clair College campus)
- Program Physical Demands Analysis: B851
- Second year students must enroll in the Canadian Securities Course (additional cost of approximately $1,100).
- Third year students must enroll in the LLQP qualifier course (additional cost of approximately $250).
- Ontario Colleges and McDonald’s Restaurants of Canada Sign Memorandum of Agreement Regarding Student Transfer to Business Diploma Programs
The standard tuition and compulsory fees for the current academic year:
2016-2017 Tuition Fees
For programs with Experiential Learning (Work Placement/Internship): Costs for accommodation, if needed, travel and related expenses is at the student’s own expense. It is recommended for most programs, that students have access to a laptop or desktop computer while away from home during experiential learning periods.
Textbooks and other materials are in addition to Tuition Fees. Textbook prices may be found through the Bookstore website.
Please be aware that tuition and compulsory fees are subject to adjustment each year. The College reserves the right to change, amend or alter fees as necessary without notice or prejudice.